Laser Teeth Whitening
Now have sparkling and Luminous teeth with our Teeth whitening solutions.
A bright smile adds a lot of confidence in your personality. We usually become conscious about our smile and teeth while talking, laughing or while clicking pictures if our teeth are yellowish or stained.
At World Smiles dental center, you can get the smile of your dreams in less than an hour.
In the teeth whitening procedure the teeth are cleaned and lightened using laser light treatment. It also removes stains and discolouration, improving the overall beauty of the smile in a cosmetic way.
The whitening gels contain a combination of Hydrogen Peroxide and Carbamide Peroxide along with other activators which oxidize the stains and remove them completely.
Teeth whitening or teeth bleaching is among the most popular and affordable cosmetic dental procedures because it can greatly improve how your teeth look. The procedure is safe and does not cause any problems to your teeth or gums. (FIG:1 )
Causes of tooth discolouration:
Your teeth may be discoloured or yellowish because of multiple reasons.
We 1st need to evaluate the cause of the discolouration. Depending on the cause we decide our treatment plan. Whether whitening is necessary or other treatments are options are better or a combination of both is required.
Discolouration may be due to
- Tobacco and pan consumption
- Excessive consumption of tea and coffee or aerated drinks
- Worn out teeth
- Intrinsic discolouration due to medications taken during childhood or pregnancy by mother
- Due to excessive chemicals like fluoride in drinking water during the early age of life when teeth are forming.
- Improper brushing habits leading to the formation of plaque and tartar(calculus) which make teeth appear yellow and brown.
- Discolouration may appear in the form of black, brown, dark red, yellow, grey or white spots.
Is Teeth whitening recommended for me?
Depending on the cause and colour of discolouration we decide if Teeth whitening is recommended for you. We at World Smiles dental center do a detailed examination of your mouth and your expectations and then suggest the best treatment option.
Teeth whitening can be done for people of all ages.
Everyone wants to look as pretty as an angel on their special days like engagements, weddings etc. But why not sport a beautiful sparkle in your smile for a birthday or an anniversary or a job interview or maybe just about every day?
Preparation before Teeth whitening
Scaling and polishing (Tooth Cleaning) of teeth needs to be done before teeth whitening. This is to clear the mouth of all plaque, calculus and deposits.
If any cavities are present they need to be filled up beforehand.
If the gums have receded and teeth are exposed then the exposed part needs to be covered or protected during the whitening treatment.
We show you before and after cases of the treated patients (FIG: 2) to make you understand what results are achievable and what to expect. We also explain to you the different type of whitening options and the time taken for each and the cost.
How is teeth whitening done
There are two ways or methods in which teeth whitening is done.
At the clinic (office bleach):
- This is usually the most preferred and the best way to do teeth whitening. it usually takes about an hour to complete the treatment.
- First cotton rolls and the suction tip is placed in the mouth and a protective cotton sheet is spread over your mouth and lips. Petroleum jelly is also applied to protect the lips. (as seen in the image) (FIG 3)
- Then a resin gel is coated on entire gums to protect it from the whitening chemical.
- Protective eyewear is also provided to protect your eyes from the laser light and whitening chemicals.
- Thereafter a concentrated whitening gel ( chemical) is applied on to your teeth carefully and left for 15 minutes. The gel is activated by a laser light which hastens the whitening process and provides best results. Two to three cycles may be required of the same depending on how severe your stains and discolouration are and how white you want your teeth to be.
- Different types of stains and discolouration respond differently to whitening treatment. The final brighter shade of your teeth is immediately visible, which may be up to 7-8 shades whiter.
- We use Pola office or Zoom laser teeth whitening kit depending on your case and preference for office bleach. (FIG 4)
- The entire procedure takes about an hour to complete and you walk back with a luminous smile..!
2. Home Bleach:
Home bleach takes longer time, usually 2 to 3 weeks to achieve the desired results
Our Dentist at World Smiles dental centre will make measurements of your teeth to prepare a customized tray which carries a gel to be worn on your teeth. (FIG 5)
- The whitening gel is applied inside the tray before wearing it on your teeth.
- The tray is to be worn for 6 to 8 hours a day.
- The home bleach gel contains a lower concentration of the desired chemicals and hence the process is slower.
- The procedure is entirely safe and the results are good.
Your Gums might become slightly sore or white in certain places or even red. This is transient and the gums will return back to its normal colour within a day. Occasional ulcers or burning in the gums can also occur but that too heals within a few days and is taken care off by prescribing you gels to be applied on the affected area.
Your teeth become a little sensitive post-treatment and the sensitivity might last for 2-3 days. To reduce the postoperative sensitivity we at World Smiles dental center apply special Desensitizing agents (anti-sensitivity solution) to your teeth. We also prescribe you certain medicated anti-sensitivity paste to be used for a week.
However, the sensitivity is usually minimal and manageable, varying from patient to patient. In most patients, it may not be there at all.
Avoid eating for an hour or two after the procedure and avoid drinking anything cold or very hot for a couple of days. Do not smoke for 2-3 days post-treatment if you want the whitening effect to last longer. The same applies to ‘Hookah / Sheesha’ and other tobacco products. The more you restraint from consuming them especially for the initial 3-4 days the longer your results will last.
How long do teeth whitening effect last?
The stains will come back if you smoke or consume a lot of staining foods or drinks. In such cases, you may see the whiteness start to fade in as little as one month. If you avoid these sources of staining, you and your near and dear ones will enjoy your sparkling smile for 12 to 18 months with the same cost.
Is there any difference between over-the-counter tooth whiteners and those provided by a Dentist?
Yes! Consulting Dr Rohan is always the first step to whitening your teeth safely. Over-the-counter tooth whitening strips, brush-on gels and toothpaste take weeks or months to whiten your teeth just a few shades and sometimes the results are almost negligible.
Contra-indications for Teeth whitening (When is teeth whitening not advised)
Usually, teeth whitening can be done for people of all ages.
There are however certain situations when a dentist will advise you not to get whitening done
- When you have generalized sensitivity in your teeth.
- When you have multiple caps, veneers or fillings on your front teeth
- When the discolouration of your teeth is intrinsic.
Cost of Teeth Whitening in Mumbai
Our Clinic offers professional services for laser whitening and teeth whitening in Mumbai, India, at an affordable cost to help you get that sparkling smile. Depending on the number of sittings required and the gel used for whitening the charges may vary from 7000/- to 19,000/- Rupees.